1. Xavier's School of Management Jamshedpur welcomes students.
Xavier School of Management, XLRI, Jamshedpur, conducted the inauguration ceremony for the new academic year 2022-23 in an offline mode after two years due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
2. NIOS to start a special programme for Agniveers to obtain a Class 12 certificate.
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is instituting a special programme in consultation with the Defence Authorities to enable Agniveers who have passed Class 10, to further their education and obtain a Class 12 pass certificate by developing customized courses that are relevant to their area of service, according to Ministry of Education (MoE) officials.
3. JU celebrates ‘Josh-E-Sarhad’ at Suchetgarh International Border.
While addressing the audience, Professor Umesh Rai, Vice-Chancellor, University of Jammu said that education in present-day times need not be confined to the four walls of the classrooms.
4. Govt teachers in Bihar to be recruited through CTET, not STET.
In a major decision by the Bihar government, it has decided that candidates aspiring to become a government school teacher in the state will not need to give a separate teacher recruitment test i.e. STET (State Teacher's Eligibility Test), and instead be recruited through CTET (Central Teacher's Eligibility Test) itself.
5. IIT Madras discusses challenges faced by rural India to start non-farming works.
The researchers found that lack of education and skill, credit constraints, and poor access to social capital was the predominant entry barriers into the non-farming sector.
6. 15% quota for women in non-gazetted ranks in J&K police.
As per the order issued by Additional Chief Secretary Home Department RK Goyal, the quota so reserved shall not be carried forward to the subsequent year in case suitable women candidates are not available.
7. UGC asks varsties, and colleges to ensure fast implementation of 'gender champions' guidelines.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has requested all universities and their affiliated colleges to make sure of the early nomination of ‘Gender Champions’ amongst students who would lead efforts to make campuses more inclusive and disseminate gender sensitisation.
#EXECFPM #NIOS #Josh-E-Sarhad #BiharBoard #IITMadras #Reservation #UniversityGrantsCommission.