1. NSDC & IRMA collaborate to promote startup growth in rural communities through skill training.
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), a strategic implementation and knowledge partner for Skill India Mission, working under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India, has collaborated with the Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) to create a conducive environment for accelerated growth of startups particularly among the underserved communities of rural India through training in professional management skills.
2. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham announces all-India coding competition for girls.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, which is India’s fifth-best university as per NIRF, has announced a virtual coding competition for female school students from Classes 8 to 12, called the ICPC Algo Queen Girls’ Programming Cup.
3. IISc signs deal with HDFC Bank Parivartan to build not-for-profit hospital on campus.
HDFC Bank Parivartan on Tuesday committed to investing Rs 107.76 crore in the Bagchi-Parthasarathy Hospital being built in IISc Bengaluru campus Cardiology, radiology, and emergency medicine are the three hospital departments that will receive financial support from the bank, as per a statement.
4. Govt school principal in Agra siphons Rs 11 crore of midday meal scheme.
A school principal of the basic education department of Firozabad has been booked for allegedly siphoning Rs 11.46 crore of the Mid Day Meal (MDM) scheme, as stated by the police on Tuesday.
5. DU to start research centre to promote study of freedom movement & partition.
Delhi University is planning to start a research centre to promote the study of India's freedom movement and partition The university has constituted a seven-member committee, headed by DU director (South Campus) Prakash Singh, to provide suggestions to develop the centre.
6. AIOBCSA urges UGC Chairman to immediately disburse National Fellowship for OBCs.
The All India OBC students association (AIOBCSA) has requested the University Grants Commission (UGC) to immediately disburse the National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC).
#IISc #Govtschool #DU #AIOBCSA.