1. MBBS aspirants demand postponement of NEET.
A plethora of MBBS aspirants has demanded the postponement of the medical entrance exam NEET scheduled on July 17, stating that it is "too close" to other competitive exams, giving them limited time to prepare.
2. IIT Roorkee formulates a project for utilizing forest bio residue for low carbon energy generation.
Professor Vinay Sharma and Professor Rajat Agrawal from the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITRoorkee), conceived a project on utilizing forest bio residue for low-cost energy generation.
3. SC dismisses plea seeking direction to add in-service quota seats of NEET super specialty 2021.
The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed a plea seeking a direction to add 92 “in-service quota seats” of NEET super specialty 2021 surrendered by Tamil Nadu in the newly added seats and make them available to all candidates irrespective of their joining in earlier rounds.
4. IIT Jodhpur researchers develop indigenous metal 3D Printers for aerospace & general engineering applications.
A team of researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur, has indigenously developed a metal 3D printer for aerospace, defence and general engineering applications. According to officials, all the components of the metal 3D printer, except the laser and robot systems, are designed and manufactured in India.
5. Assam govt to prepone summer vacation in schools amid devastating floods.
In light of the current flood situation in Assam, the state government on Thursday preponed Summer Vacation for school students by five days. Assam schools will now observe summer vacate from June 25 to July 25, instead of July 1- 31.
6. Bill Passed in West Bengal Assembly To Replace Governor With CM As Chancellor Of Aliah University.
A bill was passed in the West Bengal assembly on Thursday to appoint Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee as its chancellor, replacing Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar.
7. The University Of Kerala Receives A++ Ranking From NAAC.
of Kerala has secured the highest NAAC grading of A++ with a Cumulative Grade
Point Average (CGPA) of 3.67, an achievement, which Kerala Chief Minister
Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday termed as an inspiration to other universities and
educational institutions in the state.
#MBBS #IITRoorkee #SC #IITjodhpur #preponesummervacation