1. Delhi HC dismisses plea alleging mismanagement of Delhi Public School Society.
The Delhi High Court has dismissed a plea alleging mismanagement in the Delhi Public School Society (DPSS) and seeking to appoint a retired Supreme Court judge as an administrator to oversee its affairs.
2. DU plans courses on art of being happy, emotional intelligence from this academic year.
The Delhi University will start value-addition courses on topics like emotional intelligence, the art of being happy and Indian fiction from the 2022-23 academic year as part of the Undergraduate Curriculum Framework-2022 (UGCF).
3. Kolhapur University suspends exams for 2 days .
Kolhapur University has decided to postpone the exams scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday due to the recent heavy rainfall and flooding in western Maharashtra regions. The Panchganga River in Kolhapur has reached the warning level after a period of severe rain, according to district officials.
4. Gender equity curriculum in Odisha govt schools soon.
A gender equity curriculum will soon be introduced for Odisha government schools students in order to change their views, aspirations, and behaviour with respect to gender.
5. Delhi schools step up measures amid rise in Covid-19 cases.
With the sudden rise in Covid-19 cases in the national capital, there is a rise in concerns for school-going children. This has led to schools and institutions coming up with online classes and recorded lectures for those children who are not well.
6. Organise 'Prabhat Pheris' from August 11-13.
The Delhi government has asked its schools to organise 'Prabhat Pheris' as a part of 'Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav' celebrations from August 11 to 13, an official circular said.
7. Calcutta HC quashes college resolution denying permanent job to teacher with disability.
The Calcutta High Court has quashed a resolution of a college denying permanent appointment to a teacher with 80 per cent disability and, citing a United Nations Convention, directed its governing body to come up with a fresh decision.
#DelhiHC #DelhiUniversity #KolhapurUniversity #BishnupadaSethi #Covid19 #AzadiKaAmritMahotsav #CalcuttaHighCourt