1. NIRF 2023 Nine from Punjab in top 100, PU slips, PAU makes entry, pvt varsities LPU, CU improve.
Nine educational institutes, including three government run, from Punjab have figured in the top 100 in overall category as per the National Institutional Rankings Framework(NIRF)-2023 released by the Union Ministry of Education, Monday. The other three are from private sector.
2. NCERT on rationalisation of textbooks ‘Need-based exercise aimed at reducing content load’.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has issued a statement regarding the "rationalization of textbooks," calling it a need-based exercise aimed at reducing the content load. The NCERT asserted that a new set of books will be used from next academic year, and these books are not for a long time.
3. Delhi University To Begin 3 BTech Programmes This Year With 360 Students.
Delhi University will introduce BTech programmes from the upcoming academic session with a capacity of 360 students who will be admitted in three engineering courses through JEE Mains, an official has said.According to the official, the three courses which will be conducted by the Faculty of Technology are BTech Computer Science and Engineering, BTech Electronics and Communication Engineering, and BTech Electrical Engineering.
4. DU's School of Open Learning advises students not to attend any event sans registration.
Delhi University's School of Open Learning on Monday issued an advisory to students, asking them not to attend events that they have not registered for, two days after a degree distribution event here was cancelled following chaos due to overcrowding.
5. Kotak Education Foundation launches scholarships for Class 11 students in Mumbai.
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF), a part of the Kotak Mahindra Group, has introduced the Kotak Junior Scholarship programme for students in Classes 11 above who are from economically weak families living in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
#NIRF2023 #NCERT #DelhiUniversity.