1. 23,000 plus higher education courses will be made available for free on new portal.
More than 23,000 higher education courses, including programmes on Artificial Intelligence, cyber security and early childhood care, will now be available free of cost on a new web portal, the University Grants Commission (UGC) said on Thursday.
2. NTA invites applications for PM Young Achievers Scholarship entrance test.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has invited applications from school students for the PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (YASASVI) Entrance Test, 2022.
3. KITE & BSNL to provide Kerala school children with high-speed internet connectivity.
Thanks to an initiative by the Kerala state government, children in the state-run schools will now have high-speed internet connectivity. The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) and BSNL have collaborated to provide 100 Mbps broadband internet connectivity in high schools, higher secondary schools, and vocational higher secondary schools in the state.
4. Tamil Nadu govt rolls out breakfast scheme for state-run schools.
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, M K Stalin on Wednesday, announced that the state government is geared up to roll out a breakfast scheme for state-run school children of Classes 1 to 5. The order for the same has been signed by him for its implementation.
5. NMC suggests installing cameras in all medical colleges.
In an attempt to improve the quality of medical education in the country, the regulatory body NMC has issued an advisory recommending the installation of cameras on the premises of all medical colleges and institutions.
6. DU constitutes committee to discuss provisions related to student-teacher ratio.
The Delhi University (DU) has constituted a seven-member committee to study and discuss provisions related to the student-teacher ratio, days after Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh pointed at the imbalance between their number for the slip in the National Institutional Ranking Framework's (NIRF) rankings.
7. Amit Shah to launch education-sector initiatives today to mark 2 years of NEP.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah will launch new initiatives related to the education sector today, i.e. July 29, to mark the second anniversary of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 in the presence of Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan
#SWAYAMcourses #SemiNomadicTribes #KITE #MKStalin #NationalMedicalCommission #NIRFranking #AmitShah